The Guppy is a unique 16340 mech mod, made to be robust and simple. Picking up where the Roller and Dingo left off, the Guppy is a lighter but sturdier top-side-firing device which is based on a simple uni-tube design. With its refined, sturdy switch and absolute minimum number of body parts to fiddle with, the Guppy is a hassle-free, pocket-size mech mod.
Designed to bring out the most of high-drain, low-internal-resistance 16340 batteries, the Guppy is one of the tiniest fully mechanical mods with a side-mounted switch. Very close to 18350s in absolute performance, 16340 batteries are ideal for use with 510d-type cartomizers and traditional wick-wire rebuildable atomizers, including 510d-style rebuildables. Usable with resistances above 1.0 Ohm, low-internal-resistance 16340 batteries can power approximately 1.0-1.5ml of hard, good hits. Small enough to fit in pockets, multiple 16340 batteries can be carried around with ease. And as battery chemistries improve, new 16340 cells may soon become usable with sub-ohm resistances, which means that the Guppy is not just a tiny, but also a future-proof mech mod.
Paired with the Bayou, our innovative same-diameter 510d-type tank, the Guppy makes one of the most complete, compact, identifiable kits for vaping a 510d carto or 510d-style rebuildable atomizer.
The simplicity, ease-of-use and performance of the Guppy compared to the Roller and Dingo comes with a style that departs from its predecessors’ bare lines. The Guppy has a slightly more aggressive, naturally flowing form which is still minimal and ergonomic, in line with its unique character.
– Sturdy, refined top-side-mounted switch with silver-plated brass contacts and Atmizone’s signature twist-locking functionality, identical to the one that powers the Lab. New switch versions have one twist-locking position (twisting a quarter-circle anti-clockwise) instead of two (older version) due to machining procedure refinements.
– Robust, lightweight uni-tube construction with fewer parts for ease-of-use and consistent, top performance.
– Hybrid-ready, future-proof top connection with improved airflow, suitable for atomizers with a bottom air intake.
– Single, dual-mode 510 connector that can be mounted in Recessed (standard) or Classic mode.
– Robust, adjustable pole screw.
– The BR-M and BR-EM versions are machined from soft brass, a sensitive, “active” material that quickly develops patina on all external surfaces. They are limited-edition, “collectors-only” items, recommended only for skilled vapers with extensive experience in brass maintenance.
– The SS-IM finish is a dynamic finish. It is not always the same and it gets darker over time. There is no need to worry though, as parts that appear to be different, will eventually look almost identical.
– All finishes need cautious handling, but especially sand blasted finishes (SS-IM and BR-EM) are more sensitive to scratches and surface aging.
Faithful to the “form follows function” principle, uni-tube mods are the result of a systematic design process: All functional elements of uni-tube devices have been dictated by fundamental usability and performance requirements, with the aesthetic elements occurring almost naturally. The Guppy is the first mod to embrace the uni-tube design paradigm.
The Guppy is a 100% rebuildable, high performance mechanical mod of moderate complexity. It is suitable for experienced vapers who possess a good understanding of the nature of mechanical mods and electric power transfer, but it is also simple and easy enough to be used by intermediate vapers who have the desire to learn the ins-and-outs of their vaping gear in order to get the most out of it.
Mech mods are sophisticated, enthusiast-oriented vaping tools. By nature, a mechanical mod requires:
– Proper handling.
– Frequent maintenance.
Proper handling guidelines are specific to each device. Thanks to its uni-tube design, the Guppy is a mod that is very easy to use without requiring constant attention. To help you get up to speed with your new Guppy, we have written up a quick reference of 8 Important Tips, which also includes some more general, essential information about mech mods and vaping gear.
Warranty and Support
The Guppy comes with a fair and generous warranty, which covers all manufacturing defects.