The Roller (patent pending) is a versatile, fully mechanical battery tube mod, which is able to fit 16340 to 18650 batteries (16340, 18350, 18500 and 18650).
The Roller, which has been custom-built from the ground up, is the result of dedicated team work and exhaustive testing. All parts, down to the smallest spring, have been designed and manufactured specifically for use with the mod.
The switch we’ve built for the Roller is purely mechanical and rebuildable. This double-break, custom-built switch has been developed in-house and integrates an innovative locking mechanism that prevents accidental operation. To this day, the switch of the Roller remains the common point-of-reference for all top-firing mech designs that came after it.
The electrical design of the device has been optimized for a balance of safety and performance. Basic short-circuit protection is provided by a removable, custom-built spring, while special care has been taken to minimize electrical losses.
Important Note: The hot-spring used in the device is only suitable as the last safety measure, since it will collapse and interrupt the circuit only after the battery has heated up significantly. While the spring is enough to prevent any serious injuries, it is not enough to protect the battery or the unit itself during a short circuit — for that, you must use a dedicated protection circuit, such as the Bug.
The Roller comes in 4 different stainless steel finishes:
- Roller SS-P, with polished suface finish,
- Roller SS-IM, with a shot-blasted ice-matte finish,
- Roller SS-M, with natural matte finish, and
- Roller SS Custom, which is custom-built-to-order with a per-component choice of polished, ice-matte, or matte finish.
- Flexible, smart retractable body that allows the use of 16340 to 18650 batteries.
- Custom-developed, fully mechanical switch with an ergonomically positioned top side button. Smooth, double-break mechanism with silver-plated brass contacts and a built-in safety lock.
- Adjustable atomizer pin height.
- 100% original design – all parts, down to the smallest spring, have been designed and constructed specifically for use with the mod.
- Comes with 2 exchangeable brass 510 connectors: a ‘classic’ one and a ‘recessed’ one.
- Dimensions: D: 22.7mm L: 69mm (18350), 77mm (18500), 93mm (18650). Weight: 74g.
The development of the Roller started in January 2012. It is based on a telescopic prototype that was originally built during the summer of 2011. Its design is characterized by a timeless, minimal aesthetic form with simple, clear lines and a large, well-balanced, ergonomically-placed button.
Both the Roller and the Dingo are 100% rebuildable, high performance mechanical mods of moderate-to-high complexity. As such, they are suitable for experienced, capable vapers who:
- possess a good understanding of the nature of mechanical mods, and
- are able to quickly identify the particular characteristics of each device in order to get the most out of it.
Mech mods are sophisticated, enthusiast-oriented vaping tools. By nature, a mechanical mod requires:
- Proper handling.
- Frequent maintenance.
Proper handling guidelines are specific to each device. To help you get up to speed with your new Roller / Dingo, we have written up a quick reference of 10 Important Tips, which also includes some more general, essential information about mech mods and vaping gear.
Warranty and Support
The Roller comes with a generous warranty, which covers all manufacturing defects.